Opportunity: Internship at POPOTE Media
POPOTE MEDIA is looking for a highly motivated individual with experience and a passion for social media, blogging, micro-blogging and community participation leadership for a short term assignment (3 months). This position is full time with allowances and benefits, including attendance at Social Media, blogging and industry-specific conferences
Job Description – Intern
Popote Media is looking for a highly motivated individual with a passion for social media, blogging, micro-blogging, graphic design and community participation leadership for a short term assignment (3 months). This position is full time with allowances and benefits, including attendance at Social Media, blogging and industry-specific conferences.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage Social Media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
- Curate relevant content to reach the audience most likely to buy from you.
- Write editorial content
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales.
- Conduct online advocacy and open stream for cross-promotions.
- Develop and expand community and/or blogger outreach efforts.
- Participate in design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, and blog).
- Design, create and manage promotions and Facebook ad campaigns.
- Compile report for management showing results (ROI).
- Become an advocate for the Company in Social Media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Demonstrate ability to map out marketing strategy and then drive that strategy proven by testing and metrics.
- Implement a proactive strategy for capturing customer online reviews. Monitor online ratings and respond accordingly.
- Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding the business, report to appropriate management.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the Social Media campaigns.
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of Social Media programs. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
Qualifications and Experience
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing. Marketing degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience.
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in Social Media. (Give links to profiles as examples).
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application. Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Google+Local, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
- Enjoys a working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem relevant to the Company’s field.
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Exceeds at building and maintaining sales relationships, online and off.
- Is a Team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary. (ie: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management).
- Makes evident good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social”.
- Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress.
- Demonstrates winning Social Customer Service techniques. Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
At POPOTE MEDIA, we do things differently*. To apply for this job, please send us the following information:
- A CV in pdf* format
- A covering letter in pdf* format
Posted: January 21, 2012
Deadline of Submission: January 25, 2014
Sound like a career you’d like to pursue?
Send your resume and cover letter in PDF* via: email@example.com
This article was written by POPOTE